The hospital’s medical supplies, non-medical supplies, surgical supplies and lab & radiology items stocked by the hospital central store and sub-stores are managed by the Inventory Module. The inventory module is seamless with procurement process which flows through all financial modules such as Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and General Ledger as well as relevant modules such as Nursing station, Medical Department, OR and Pharmacy.
FOTIS’ Inventory has a well-defined user friendly workflow for inventory procurement and material management. Cost Centre-wise stores can be defined and inventory requests and transfers can be made based on availability in each of the stores. Highlights of the Inventory Module are:
- The module tracks the movements of individual items to various locations across the hospital along with usage history. All transfers are against a request to be approved by the authorized approving authority.
- Expiry alerts and slow moving alerts can be user defined as per number of days for each of the items, where the users would like to get the alerts to action on those items. For example, the dashboard provides to define the number of days before which the alerts have to be sent to the authorized staff to action on the expiry or slow moving items. The system alerts the assigned personnel on a daily basis and the items can be monitored either to dispatch or to replace with the supplier of the items.
- Batch-wise and expiry date wise stock can be maintained.
- Links all cost centers and various locations. Location-wise and cost center-wise inventory can be monitored. Uses HSPCS codes for medical consumables and DDC codes for pharmaceuticals. Also supports internal codes of the hospitals for all items.
- Avoids revenue leakage as every consumable and drug used are strictly against a patient or a billing item. Also helps in identifying excess usage of inventories against a particular patient or billing item.
- Guides with Purchase Analysis, providing trends of purchases with regard to Lowest Purchase Price, Average Purchase Price and Highest Purchase price during the last twelve months for the same item.
- Item movement analysis to help management for better procurement and cash flow planning.